Friday, December 3, 2010

We Are the Hollow Bikes


The last chance I'll have to ride
the Aprilia for quite a while.



Whoops, there went my little motorcycle.



I walked into the garage, and there was the Aprilia--It was hollow!
I swear, completely hollow. Like a Thanksgiving turkey carcass after its been stripped to the ribs for soup. Nothing but the frame and the wheels.
 
An empty Aprilia surrounded by its parts

Rob packed up the engine and sent it off to Steve at AF1 Racing in New Brunswick, Texas, for metamorphosis into a “mad little monkey.” I’ll take advantage of the Aprilia’s current uncluttered nature to clean it, even in some of those normally hard-to-reach places.


I can see right through the Aprilia
to the Buell.






With the Aprilia on the back burner, the Hayabusa will go back on the lift. Time to tear it apart and see how much damage was done in Bonneville. It’s good to have a project.

One of the pistons from Rob's funny car
dwarfs the motor of the Aprilia.




No comments:

Post a Comment