Monday, December 6, 2010

Chaps

I have chaps.


                                                                                                                                                                          
Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have chaps. I could have envisioned myself riding a motorcycle at Bonneville before I would have seen myself in chaps.
                                                                                    We planned to take the Road Glide out on the Toy Run for the Denver Children's Hospital on Sunday, and the forecast called for a morning temperature of 25 degrees. Rob being the decent guy he is didn't want to see me shiver or hear me whine, so he bought me chaps. Black ones. Real leather. With snaps and a buckle.  Just like Harley riders wear.


It sure enough was cold, but the chaps helped keep me warm, as did the companionship of all the old friends and new whom I met. Thanks for a great time John and Jane, Tim and Dawn, Mike and Linda, Rory and Lee, Peter, and of course, Joe. it was great to meet you Barry.


What a wonderful beginning of the Christmas season.



And I got chaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment