Thursday, December 9, 2010

Aero Aprilia


Me on the Aprilia with the
tank in place



Rob is taking large steps toward making me small, aerodynamically speaking.

With all the bodywork off the Aprilia and its engine removed, we sat me on the bare frame to see how well I fit behind the windscreen.

Turns out, not too badly. I’m short enough that I can lie flat on the frame where the fuel tank once was. With just a little padding, the position becomes quite comfortable. Of course, we’ll need to fabricate a new tank in a less obtrusive place, but since it won’t need to hold much fuel, the tank needn’t be large. Even with leathers, boots and helmet, I should be able to create a small profile. It will take some tweaking, but we should achieve a sleek position that I can easily hold for the length of a Bonneville run.

The Itty Bitty Nitro Aprilia may grow into a mad little monkey, but I want it to be able to use its power for speed, not for pushing my bulk through the air.

Now we just have to decide where to mount the camera.
Low on the bike

No comments:

Post a Comment